~ school disaster and moon cakes ~

on
Monday, September 19, 2011
          Omg! A disaster just happened to me tonight! I was planning to blog etc. so I decided that I better go online and drop a course that I decided not to take first before I forget about it since tomorrow is the last day to drop a course. So there I was hitting the drop button for ONE course then KABAM! I am dropped out of all my courses! I panic and panic and panic. I calm down. I email my profs telling them what happened and I guess I need to pop into the office tomorrow to sort this all out =( Technology often likes to work against me like this! ( I don't even want to talk about my printer.......)

         Anyways! After getting my school schedule straightened out I finally have more time to relax and...do nothing... LOL I've been enjoying those lazy days where you stay home, lounge around in pjs and pig out on....anything =D

Here's a few photos from the moon cake festival that happened a little while ago =P

~ Lanterns ~
I haven't played with lanterns for ages! These are the traditional kinds, made of paper with a candle inside to light it up. There are newer kinds too that are just light bulbs inside etc. I guess it's more safe but personally I think it sort of takes away from the feeling a bit. I remember we used to buy bigger ones in the shape of animals and once my dad set my poor bunny lantern on fire and had to stomp on her to put the fire out....poor bunny lantern!!!

 ~ Moons cakes ~
What's a moon cake festival without moon cakes?.....yes, this one has no yolk LOL Apparently most people eat it for the yolk but my sister and I just like the lotus paste =P But we did have other ones with yolk in it.

I guess this would be a modern twist on moon cakes! It really just reminds me of mochi in a moon cake shape with filling haha The filling was red bean and green tea, the green tea filling was delicious since it wasn't sweet at all and I loooooved the chewy-ness of the....skin? LOL

~ Playing with lanterns ~
My family and I just pranced around our balcony with our lanterns but it got cold fast and since most of us were in our pjs we went back inside fast! Yes, this is what you would see me in if you ever catch me at home! Pj's, my favorite home sweater and sans-makeup of course!

Oh and yes, the festival is suppose to be about the moon and of course....I forgot to take a photo of it hahaha but it was very big, bright and beautiful!

Im also typing up my first "about suki" post, I think I might call it suki corner or something LOL Any other suggestions? I hope everyone is doing well!

Till next time ~

P.s I keep forgetting to title my posts LOL
30 comments on "~ school disaster and moon cakes ~"
  1. Mooncakes are delicious, I had a chocolate one the other day! Soon we will play some local game called the "mooncake game" here ~ to celebrate the mid-autumn festival! :D Basically they throw dice to get nice prizes~ it's heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't have any mooncakes this year! i'm so craving them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes technology sometimes do these terrible things with humans...i am glad everything was straightened at the end.... very delicious food these in the pics :) made me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg hope the sch issue is worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey suki :)

    I like mooncakes with no yolks too :D I think it tastes plain weird with yolks >< I hope you have no more school disasters in the future, sometimes technology can just go crazy, it's like it has a grudge on humans or something :P

    No moon cakes for me this year :( I'm on a no-mooncake-health-diet :P But your photos tempt me for a slice or two :P

    Hmm, how about Suki Is...? :P just a suggestion. Hope you find a good title!

    xoxo
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very cute post! I would have love to join on this, traditional paper lanterns look so neat! (BTW yes...all is safe here, just need to make a new blog post lol thank you for your concern <3)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor thing, i hope everything was sorted out.

    The flower cakes are sooo pretty!! I love them! My family likes to play in the garden with lanterns too! xX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suki! your lantern is soo cute! I never played it since I was in kindergarten haha! I remember when Mac made those limited edition ones too! I personally only got the mac hello kitty one ages ago :/ they're all expensive and worst of all Mac never has sales ever!

    Try to get the pink dolly wink mascara hehe! We don't have that one here, It's limited edition or something, thanks for the wish :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope everything goes well ! and seriously those moon cakes look delicious !!
    And even I really enjoy these days because there's some problems at my new school , so they told us to go home until they find solutions for their issues !! So here I am sitting at home all by myself and not doing anything but eating , watching Tv and sleeping , Nihahaaa :D

    Much love , Riim
    Doudinou.blogspot.com

    PS : sorry i wote that much , Its the first time i do that while commenting someone's post :P :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. moon cakes!! mMm i want some! :P love the lite up lanterns~

    xx
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no!!! I hope you got your classes all sorted out! I feel you girl, I swear technology works against me most times too. LOL, I don't know HOW MANY TIMES my computer or printer decided to fail two hours before I needed to turn in a very important project. -____- Sometimes I think it would be ALOT less risky to just handwrite/ research everything.

    ANDDD those moon cakes look delish!!! OMG, that's the thing about being pregnant.. I swear I see ANYYYY food posts, and my cravings kick in turbo..

    And you're right, people can be VERYYY opinionated or judgmental about that subject. What's funny is it's ALWAYS the ones that don't have any kids themselves. Ugh, just wish they would have a nice cup of STFU! LOL!

    I know I probably sound all superficial or shallow for wanting some new boobs, but that's ONLY if mine decide to majorly deflate on me. LOL, I've always been kind of "small" in that area. I think even if people don't want to admit it, they always secretly want them bigger. Pwahaha~ It helps with confidence and our clothes would fit nicer! xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suki~!

    You look cute with that lantern ^^ it reminds me of my childhood years. Little six year old Miho loved to play with lanterns too (although I didn't set it on fire *lol*)

    Bern is really nice. Can you imagine? A street through the Old Town with lots of underground shops on the right and left side ♪♪(((≧▽≦)

    This is one of the positiv things about (international) Blogs. You can witness my activities in Switzerland through me and in addition and I can feel part of the culturally rich "Canadien life" through you! \(^∀^)メ(^∀^)ノ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't get to eat a lot of mooncake this year, sad because i love the lotus paste too! But we got the same mochi ones that you have, love the green and pink one haha. Aww you got to play with a lantern? Unfair, i wish i had something to play with haha, and we didn't get to see the moon that day. Couldn't find it.

    I love to lounge around in PJ's too! it's my favorite thing to wear! If i could, i would go grocery shopping in them!

    reply: That necklace is actually from forever 21 =) I signed up for jewelmint and was so excited to finally make a purchase UNTIL it says that they only ship within the US. Devastating :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love mooncakes but there isn't a lot of varieties to choose from where I am at. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a big fan of moon cakes but I'd have a few slices during the festival. My parents also bought those 'bing pei' moon cakes and there were so many different flavours to try. Still not big fan though. If only they did moon cakes with ice cream filling over here, that would be awesome (but totally untraditional lol).

    Also you should SO stop by Paris some time. I don't think theres anybody who wouldn't love it. The Louvre is awesomeeee, I wasn't a big fan of museums before the Louvre, which changed my perspective of looking at a painting/sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH NO!!! that's my worst nightmare, to accidentally drop ALL my classes instead of just one. i hope everything got sorted out though.

    OMG the mochi moon cakes are my fave! im not a big fan of the regular kind. i like the fruity type much better. the ones w egg yolks r too rich for my taste

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't celebrate Mid Autumn Festival this yearbut I ate lots of mooncakes though. The bz days just whizzed by that I didn't even realised it was Mid Autumn till I saw kids playing with lanterns.

    I hope you managed to settle your courses after popping into the office. I hate how technology work against us sometimes. And yes, I agree about printers too! These computer machines seem to hate me a lot. I always tell people these machines have their own souls and they know when to play me out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mooncakes? (o_o), never heard of, sounds and looks delicious tho! And hope you get that sorted out with the courses ( ̄。 ̄)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh that was a scare, hope all your courses are sorted!

    I love the 中秋節, and Loooove the moon cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous post!

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. How ADORABLE is your blog. I think I'm in love. :D

    I love wish lanturns & these little cakes look delicious.

    Now following you hun. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yikesss that must've been scary thinking you dropped all your courses!! Glad you got it sorted out! Cute lanterns! The mooncakes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Suki! i hope everything is ok now with your courses!! it's still the same here with the school system XD most of the time i really hate those systems! you look so cute with the lantern! we don't celebrate it here, just eat mooncake XD whahhaha but i am not a big fan of mooncakes =P

    And wow is it still hot at your place? according to your picture. Here i already need a scarf sometimes in the morning XD also bought gloves already for the winter whahahahh xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. BTW-- Passed along an award to ya!! ^____^

    http://jenwoonani.blogspot.com/2011/09/thank-you-girls-for-these-awards-d.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. MOON CAKES ARE MY FAVORITE!! When I used to live with my parents, my dad would occasionally bring them home. Are those the ones with the egg in the middle?! Because that's my favorite.

    You are looking so adorable in these pictures!

    richelle
    www.rarepersona.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. omg that's terrible, i'm glad you're okay with your schedules now! the moon cakes look so cute and colorful, i didnt get the chance to have any ):

    ReplyDelete
  27. Course registering is one of the thing I abhorred when I was still in school. You poor thing, I'd prolly die of a heart attack if that had happened to me cause it's nearly impossible to register for all the courses that you want! I'm obviously so late to this post but you looked like you had loads of fun w/ all the moon cakes & lantern^-^ Totally make me feel nostalgic w/ those clear cellophone lanterns. I always miss the moon festival every year. W/out my grandparents around, there's no one to force feed me moon cake :P You look very kawaii w/ your lanterns & pjs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Course registering is one of the thing I abhorred when I was still in school. You poor thing, I'd prolly die of a heart attack if that had happened to me cause it's nearly impossible to register for all the courses that you want! I'm obviously so late to this post but you looked like you had loads of fun w/ all the moon cakes & lantern^-^ Totally make me feel nostalgic w/ those clear cellophone lanterns. I always miss the moon festival every year. W/out my grandparents around, there's no one to force feed me moon cake :P You look very kawaii w/ your lanterns & pjs!

    ReplyDelete