~ afternoon tea - Haagan Daz, Hong Kong~

on
Monday, January 2, 2012
        So afternoon tea at Haagan Daz it is! Oh and I just got my tumblr and am still trying to get the hang of things so bear with me >< Other than that not much has been happening since I'm just working over the holidays!

         While I was in Langham Place I walked by Haagan Daz and saw that they had afternoon tea! I couldn't miss out on this one because ice cream was involved! Helllloooo! I normally like to plan my afternoon teas since they are in the middle of the day which is not such a great thing if you're on a trip so this was quite "spontaneous".

          The afternoon tea is offered from Monday - Friday from 12noon-8pm for the price of 188$hkd OR Sun, Sat and holidays from 12noon-8pm for 218$hkd! I couldn't believe they charge different prices for weekends, madness! But I do like how they offer it everyday and the time it is available for is huge considering that it is normally just a 3hr time from (normally from 2-5) for other teas.

~ Haagan Daz at Langham Place~

~ the tiers ~
Unlike other afternoon teas, this tea time had three tiers of sweets and goodies!

~ the top tier ~
To be honest I don't even know what half the things here are! Just that most of these were made with ice cream except the small amount of biscuit sticks in the middle that were chocolate dipped too!

~ the middle tier !
Mostly strawberry themed! In the cups were chopped up strawberries on top of yogurt! 

~ the bottom tier ~
I feel like this was a nice "cleansing" tier as the sweetness of the other two could really be too much. The fruits helped balance everything out and made me feel "refreshed" from all the sweets.

~ the tea ~
I believe I had my usual earl grey tea here, the china was cute and classy!

            Over all I think the tea experience was lovely but I wouldn't recommend it for people who don't really like sweets since there was a lot more of it than normal. Other than that I think it was very nice and they also had chocolate fondue with ice cream balls to dip! Oh and the tea is officially called "Royal High Tea" lol on their menu. Of course they also have other things to eat besides just tea! Their menu was full of gorgeous photos of yummy desserts they offer as well as specialty drinks! =)


Till next time~

39 comments on "~ afternoon tea - Haagan Daz, Hong Kong~"
  1. high tea with ice cream!? ooooh that sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...everything looks so delicious! I'm so jealous haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love hageen daz! wish i had a chance to high tea there! looks super yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you always go for afternoon tea!!! The food looks awesome :) Your post makes me miss Hong Kong so much! Can't wait to see your haul posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove going for afternoon teas! Everything looks delicious :D beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thats too cute!! Our Hagen Daz don't have teas here!! only fondues haha! I don't mind the teas it fits your entire blog layout cos its so full of sweet and cupcakes and makes me hungry :DD

    lol side swept bangs are everywhere! Trust me, not many people can look great with full on bangs like yours :D As for me, I just look awful cos my face is already long, haha omg you go to the hairdresser alott! no wonder people get clip on bangs instead now that I think about it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so cute and delicious! What a great way to spend an afternoon ^^

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier, hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyy :) haha yay the commenting on my blog is finally working now. and YAY again, you blogged about this afternoon tea at first. Now I can't wait for the other one hehe :3
    Oh yeah I am not really in the whole "Gyaru scene" either because it has only been recently that I discovered japanese fashion. But I think it's such a lot of fun to dress up :p
    you look pretty- as always!!
    btw I tagged you :)
    Keki

    ReplyDelete
  9. High tea at Haagan Dazs!! Now that's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oah, that looks yummy! three tiers full of sweet little things ♥ and you with your dragon boy look so cute *3* Haha, guess what my chinese horoscope is.. *meeeh~*... *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suki! I love your afternoon tea posts! Its really interesting and it makes me wanna get into afternoon tea more often too hehe thats actually part of my new years resolutions to go check out the city centre more n find these interesting little boutique cafe places. I would so love a Haagan Daz version, especially in HK because the weather calls for it!
    Yeh I did quite some travelling last year but I love it. I don't think I'd be able to do much of it this year because if I'm to move out I'd be quite broke and be a proper scrooge! Hopefully I'd still be able to go on ONE holiday, but still very undecided yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, by the way its mumuji here! Sorry I'm not familiar with Disqus!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw I had no idea they had tea. The price isn't bad considering afternoon tea are usually around $250/per person at other places. I think its kinda cool that they have that. See I am catching up on reading your blog entries :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I love afternoon tea but think I'd rather go for a lunch buffet. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks pretty! I only like chocolate cakes, but love to look at colorful cakes. Odd...

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ditto, Katy, haha!

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmmm! The sweets all look so wonderful!

    This post made me google where I can have high tea in my town. Seems like the only place is this cute cafe downtown! I will have to try it! ^^

    I'm hoping that they have as many sweets, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh the food looks scrumptious!! This definitely made me want to google where I can go high tea near me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Suki!!!
    A happy new year!
    I love sweets!!!
    A Ginza shop of Häagen-Dazs in Tokyo closed last year...
    I was shocked.
    But I can look at your blog, so i am very happy!
    I like your BF's smile!!!

    akiko from Japan
    http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi!! Happy belated New Year! I love all your afternoon tea posts. lol. The food look delicious and I get inspo to make some mini desserts at home^-^ You two looks so cute together :) My bf rarely smiles for photos too! He automatically get serious and I have to say "smile!"

    HK has a lot of high tea places. It must be popular over there too ^-^

    p.s Your hair is so long. Pls do a post on how to maintain long hair? Mine's getting bonkers and I wanna chop it off just for maintenance sake :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haagan daz has a tea room thingy?!?!?!! WHAT!!! I want one -________-

    richelle
    www.rarepersona.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg! this is so nice! you have any kind of afternoon tea over there!!!

    speaking of the drug store (matsumoto kiyoshi) they accept credit cards! there are many chinese people shopping there sometimes, which is interesting. haha

    some people say ikebukro and harajyuku are the best places to shop but for me, shibuya is the best forever. hahaha

    i recommend rojita, mejane, mitsumaru, minirdees... but i know you know what you want ;)

    i hope you enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I'm not sick of these posts at all! I love it in fact because it offers a bit of variety. I love reading about your high tea experiences.
    I did see the advert/board for that high tea, but as my HK trip was with the boyf and his family (it was more of a trip to visit relatives and pay our respect etc) so I didn't have much time to do what I really want.

    You and the boyf look cute together. Yay for smiling pic hehe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Suki!
    This is one of my favorite tea posts that you've written! :D I love Haagen Daz ice-cream (but they can be a little pricey!) The tiers look scrumptious! Anything looks delicious to me if it includes ice-cream ;D I'm an ice-cream freak! Haagen Daz must have really planned everything out from top to bottom, I like how the last tier refreshed after the ice-creams :D nice touch! And OMG, it's the first time I see your boyfriend smile :DD He should smile more often, the picture looks much more brighter. You, as usual, look very very very pretty<333 Can't wait for the haul post!!

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  25. omg! Haagen Daz in HK looks AMAZING. your pictures are soo pretty. It really makes me want to visit HK even more. hehe you and your boyfriend are so cute together! just discovered your blog. new follower! :D can't wait for more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. AAAAAAAAAH SINCE WHEN YOU WERE IN HONG KONG :( we could have met!
    Lol I've passed this Langham Place :P
    The hightea looks nice ^^ i'm very patience for your haul pictures :)
    What a lovely picture of you and your bf!

    xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. want to have this the too, lovely and tasty food.
    kisses
    http://fedefede73.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. U guys are so cute!! I'm jealous u get to go to high tea AGAIN I was jealous last time already LOL.... I'm glad my friend it taking me to one here in toronto but oh so busy don't know when it will happen LOL

    happy new years to u n ur families Hun :)

    Alx (http://thisisalx.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG that looks so amazing and yummy!! AND best of all it's by Haagen Daz!

    http://purrincup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. what?! they don't have afternoon tea at the Haagan Daz where i live! haha
    wow those looks so tasty and purdy *o* -drool-

    nope! i don't mind seeing these posts! i actually prefer them since i don't believe there are any tea-time like places around me, none that i can afford at least @_@ so it's nice TwT~~

    ReplyDelete
  31. aww how cute Suki!!!! and you are looking so pretty as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks Jessica! Congrats on your new job as well as your blog award! =D

    ReplyDelete
  33. They Thao! It certainly, having ice cream at tea was a nice experience!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Leanne! Ahaha Colourful cakes are nice too look at but sometimes they don't taste as nice as they look =( Chocolate is almost always the safest choice one could make! =D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Lizzy! I know what you mean about Haagen Daz ice cream being pricey! I normally wouldn't purchase them since I can never finish a tub of ice cream by myself but this tea was decently priced and I would never be able to find anything like this at home!

    Hahaha Yes I will tell my bf to smile more too but he's not a huge picture guy =P Thanks for your sweet comment as always Lizzy! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG CINDII! CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT! Im so sorry that I can't leave a proper comment on your blog! But I looked at your wedding dress post and every dress is gorgeous!!!! Oh and vera wang? Dang girl, ballling! Lol My favorite is the first dress you tried on, it shows off your curves beautifully and also the huge poofy one after the kate middleton dress, it looks like a dream! Can't wait to read more about your engagement! (wedding crazed much? haha)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awww thanks hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Omigosh, the sweets look sooooo good!! I always walked by that place and wanted to try the cute sets they have. Next time I go back, I definitely have to give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I will definitely visit Hagaz daaz when I go HK xD It looks so much nicer than the ones in UK and with more variety too!

    ReplyDelete