~ dream dictionary ~

on
Saturday, March 10, 2012
           I can't believe how smoothly life has been going lately! Feels like something bad is going to happen soon *knocks on wood* then again I do have papers due in a few weeks time, hopefully I'll get started on those asap! I've actually made a consultation for laser hair removal on Monday, I'm super excited about that! I only did it because this specific spa has the new "pain-free" technology =D 

         I'm a light sleeper which results me in having dreams nearly every night and I remember my dreams too. I started to think more about dreams during my earlier years in high school and saw this at Chapters one day....


A dream dictionary! I bought it right away and I've used it every since. I love everything about it. I'm not going to go too much into speculation about whether it's meanings are true or not. But it works like a dictionary, you just look up things you remember from your dreams. If you remember a certain colour or feeling you just read the definition for it. Of course it's vague and I don't live my life according to this book and neither do I check it every single day, though there was a time that I did.

I remember a friend of mines told me that the front is creepy LOL I guess it could be but I've never felt creeped out/scared of this book....however I'm always careful with scary DVD's and make sure the scary part is not facing up hahaha


I love the soft old pages of this book.

Of course the dictionary doesn't have *everything* in it. It's quite vague and you might have to use some creativity to match up some words. I've thought about purchasing a more "updated" dream dictionary but when I went to browse through the book store I realized most other books didn't have the same "feel" as mines did so I ditched the idea =)


I hoped you enjoyed this post and I'm not creeping you out! 


Till next time!
14 comments on "~ dream dictionary ~"
  1. Haha Suki your book sounds interesting, I used to read a lot of those until I decided to stop speculating. I didn't see the face until I read the creepy word because I thought it was butterflies and cute things lol! actually the geese come and go, I don't know where they go to when they're not in campus though because the lake is very small and my campus is in the middle of highways and buildings everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would need this book too. I keep having weird dreams. Just had one on Monday and it's a series of 3 dreams. I need to look up words like carpark, Thailand, silhouette, masks, running, toilets, drugs etc. All these just within a dream.

    I get what you mean by not facing the scary part up. I do that to book covers and video covers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome book (tho i have to agree with your friend :p - that cover is a bit creepy looking) - i must get my hands on like it - sometimes i do have dreams which leave me going "what could it mean? why have i dreamed this?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dream dictionary ~ It looks so cool, but I don't remember my dreams clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's cool! The only dreams I remember are the ones that make me sad or creep me out. There's one particular recurring dream that I just wish would stop :(
    I like the cover page, it's got quite a certain vibe to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irene van 't ZandMarch 12, 2012 at 4:50 AM

    That's pretty cool ~ did some of the explanations in there actually hold some truth/value to you? :3 I almost never remember my dreams. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dream dictionary? That's pretty cool. I'd check it just for fun if I can remember my dreams.
    You must tell us all about this amazing pain-free hair removal!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember as a kid i use to be fascinated with what my dreams meant. I always had a particular reoccuring one where i was falling (im sure everyones had those)
    Thats a really cool book though :))

    www.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! :D I'd like one too XD
    I dream every night. Sometimes I forget, but most of the time I remember them. Especially the nightmares.. they're hard to forget D:
    I sometimes look it up on the internet what it means :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. i guess the cover is a bit creepy now that i examine it carefully!! it is always interesting to try to interpret our dreams. but i guess im too deep a sleeper bc i hardly ever remember my dreams LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Suki :) Thanks for your comment on my recent post, I hope your PC miraculously allows you to comment on people's blog without having you to comment with your BF's mac (hey, it can happen ;D electronics can be so annoying sometimes but people just grow attached to them! electronics are powerful xD) I've never seen or heard of a dream dictionary before, it's pretty cool. I must admit the cover is pretty creepy though :P

    Have a great day ;)
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a dream dictionary! I've been having some weird dreams lately... Do the interpretations seem accurate to you?

    xoxo,
    morgin
    skyydoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Irene! Hahaha some of the explanations did hold true but I try not to over speculate too =P I think it is good to not remember your dreams because it means you are getting deep and sound sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think these are easy to find now, try amazon or a popular book store =) I think they can be found in the "new age" section lol I agree nightmares are scary and when it gets too scary I wake myself up!

    ReplyDelete