~ afternoon tea in paris- le Dali ~

on
Thursday, August 2, 2012
I had to have afternoon tea in Paris! But as we all know time is limited on vacation so I had to only pick one place to try and I wanted to make sure it was easy to get to. In the end I chose Le Dali at Hotel Meurice. The main reasons were because they had afternoon tea everyday and it was very easy and close to the Lourve.

~ menu ~
Sorry for the yellow photo(s) ><

The tea room was really lovely and I wish I got a photo of it but I think there is one on their website. It was pretty quiet in there and my camera makes the loudest shutter sound T_T

~ finger sandwiches ~
The sandwiches that came at the end of the meal. You can see the plate of sweets above the plate of sandwiches.


The service was RIDICULOUS! As mentioned above my sandwiches came last and I mean very last, in fact I wanted to leave but at that moment the sandwiches came. My scone came first and the waitress told me that the sandwiches were coming and I could wait for them if I preferred to eat my savory foods first. I chose to wait but I was already so hungry I decided to eat the scone and I'm glad I did! I can barely remember the sweet and pastry and presentation was minimal. I guess they were going for a sleek look but everything just came on it's individual white plate.

Also there was a man who sat down next to us and just wanted to order a coffee and read his paper. He complained twice to the staff that his coffee was taking far too long. I thought it took too long too, I mean it was only coffee. In the end he got up and left.

Needless to say I probably will not recommend anyone to go here. The hotel itself may be spectacular and perhaps I just came at the wrong time but the food and lack of service has made me really regret picking this as my only afternoon tea experience in Paris. I was thoroughly disappointed!

Till next time!
17 comments on "~ afternoon tea in paris- le Dali ~"
  1. I LOVE afternoon tea!!
    that's too bad the service wasn't good, especially at Le Meurice. I've never had an afternoon tea where the sandwiches came last! & the fact that they didn't have the three tiers of plates would've ruined the experience for me lol
    thanks for the tip - I'll remember not to come here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww too bad you didn't have a good experience there. i ahven't had afternoon tea in ages! i miss finger food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mhmmmm looks so delicious! I can understand your disappointment.. even how good the food is, a bad service can mess up everything >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great blog.
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suki, sorry for the bad experience you had to endure! :( Hopefully your next trip to Paris will be a much better one for an afternoon tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad you had such bad service. The Afternoon tea should ALWAYS be awesome... I mean sophisticated with good service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww i'm so bummed you didn't have a better time babe!!! :( sadness it's ok you've had fabulous tea all over the world :)!!

    omgosh so funny i totally LOL'd about your comment about your dog because one of my dog TOTALLY acts like he's on drugs in the car too!! it's so funny because i never knew how to describe it and yet when you said your dog acts like drugs in the car i was like "OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG that's how napoleon acts!!!" bahahaha.. he suddenly acts like he's schizo or something and we forgot to give him his meds.. omg.. hahah..

    oh and in referance to my friend that has the baby.. i know right.. what the eff'. i don't even look nice normally.. i can't imagine how bad i'm going to look after a child BAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Suki!! Ahh something similar happened to me on vacation. I just ordered tea and it took like 40 minutes >.< I hate it when the service sucks ;D
    Maybe if you go to Paris next time, you can pick another afternoon tea <3
    And thanks for you comment about my graduation. It feels so good to be done with school thehe :3

    xoxo Keki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never like eating at hotels - they always take ages, for some reason, be it a quiet time or when it's a busy time. It's a pity that you had to experience that, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg that is really ridiculous!
    Worst service = not coming back,
    and I feel for the man next to
    your table and his coffee :P
    I would totally leave as well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I'm sorry your experience was lacking! I always think that having any afternoon tea in Paris would be amazing, but that can be far from the truth. Hopefully, the rest of your time will be more pleasant! :)
    Would you like to follow one another? ~x
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhww, i hate it when the service sucks =/ ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a lovely post! =) i want to have an afternoon tea in Paris too!

    visit my blog? http://raellarina.blogspot.com/
    and if you like it, feel free to follow ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a pity that your only afternoon tea experience in Paris ended up like that! For a classy hotel, the food presentation does look a bit simple...

    But this bad experience just means you must go back to Paris in the future ^^

    Hehe, I also feel awkward whipping out my camera or mobile phone to take pics in public. I'm always paranoid people will think I look 'suspicious'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love tearoom. The food looks delicious dear and I think your picture looks great

    www.girllilikoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh boooo. Sorry to hear you had a less than thrilling experience :( Awful service can really ruin it all!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww well I am sure you had other great dinning experiences in Paris =)

    xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo
    http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete