~ back to school ~

on
Friday, September 28, 2012
I know someone requested a post about going back to school or more specifically going to a new school and she asked me on tips of how to smoothly transition over. I also know school has started for a good few weeks now ><

I'm just going to start blabbering on about how I got used to my new school.

If you're someone like me and hate getting lost/panic/sweat/hyperventilate when lost then I would probably suggest that you go to your school before classes start to get a good feel for it. More specifically try and find important places you'll need to know such as bus stops, the bookstore, cafeteria and washrooms. Not kidding about the last one. It's probably a good idea to go more than once too, try bringing a friend or if you can perhaps even a friend that goes to the school who can show you around in more detail. Or when in doubt print out a map or use your gps, I can't tell you how many times I whipped out my map or used my iphone for directions >< OR just ask someone! I'm sometimes a bit hesitant to ask for directions but when I remember the fear of walking into a lecture late all embarrassment goes out the window and I ask the nearest person LOL though generally I'm not the shy type to ask for directions etc.

If you're starting college/university never be afraid to start a conversation with the person sitting next to you. Chances are, if you're in a first year course there will be many new students to the school too. Another thing you can do is join clubs or sororities if your school has them. Usually schools will hold club days near the beginning of the semester to try and recruit new members. Clubs can be a fun way to meet new people but just remember there may be responsibilities for joining a club so make sure the club motive is something you're interested in too.

Get to know where the library is and maybe some quiet or good spots to sit and study/pass time. More often than not my breaks don't coincide with my friends so I'm usually alone for a good hr or two. During this time I will find a nice comfy place to sit and do whatever I want. Usually I read my text or play my DSi or iphone LOL

Also regarding school work please try try try to keep up with your readings. I know it's easier said than done but it will seriously help you tremendously! Also try and do/start your papers early! Instructors usually give you plenty of time to get papers done. Heck one of my instructors gave us the assignment paper on the first day of class! That's how much time they give you so start as early as you can! Don't slack or push things to close to their due dates because you'll just become stressed out since there are probably a million other things for you to do at that time too. Usually midterms happen around the same time as well as finals, so make sure you pace yourself well. It actually took me a few years before I figured out what worked well for me. I'm definitely not a crammer so I have to study beforehand. Something I found useful was reading my notes after class or a few days after or using cue cards to remember certain vocabulary or ideas. Even just making the cue cards helped me out.

I hope everyone is having a great time in school. I know I'm enjoying my school so far and for those at work,   you can do it!

Till next time!

P.S Will be replying comments in the next few days, time is flying by so fast I'm envious of those who are to find time to blog despite a busy/hectic schedule! Kudos to you!
6 comments on "~ back to school ~ "
  1. Keeping up with the reading makes it so much easier later on when you're trying to review. A thing I tell myself is that the work may be hard or boring, but if I do it later, it'll be 10x worse, so it's best to just do it now and get it over with.

    Haha school's back and I'm back to blogging. I guess this is how I procrastinate. (BTW, I have a new url/blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute post, thank you suki :) especially since I just started uni a week ago. you're the best haha ♥
    btw this is a random question but since you own some LV bags...which one do you think is the best for everyday's life? I know many people have the LV neverful but yeah I am not sure which one to get ^-^ Hope I don't bother you with this question
    xoxo Keki

    ReplyDelete
  3. map is a good guidance.. by the way i read your earlier post, and congrats for the 5th anniversary with your bf! you both look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really good tips :] I remember doing #1 prior to my first day at uni a few years ago hahah :) I'm also the nervous type and like to make sure I know where my surroundings were or else I'd be running around like a chicken with my head cut off hahah :p

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post!
    I used to always (try to) go to my classes like the day before they started just so I'd know where everything was..helps a lot!
    & very true about getting readings and assignments done early. I always struggled with that actually lol..I'm the biggest procrastinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see a gorgeous Empriente bag :) AND KITKATS!!! :O

    richelle
    www.rarepersona.com

    ReplyDelete