~ 2012 diary ~

on
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Year end re-cap! It's going to be one long post, perhaps the longest one out of the year! Most of it will be me rambling on about changes I've noticed about myself throughout 2012 etc. Honestly 2012 has been a great year for me. I had a school-free summer (but not work free) went on an amazing trip and managed to get my schooling back on track (for now) which makes me look more forward to 2013. I'm somewhat doubtful it will be as great as 2012 but let's hope I'm wrong! Probably more than half of these will be shallow/materialistic kekeke

~ make up ~
I feel like I really got into make up this year. Previously I wore make up but never explored further than what I used which was mostly products that were either introduced to me or things that were left in my possession.   Ex. products other family members bought but didn't use. I now understand the need for dozens of blushes in every shade possible which also applies to lipsticks. I'm safe from tinted moisturizer and top powders for now. Mascara got me early.


I also learned a lot more about make up and am now much more picky about which brands I purchase from and try learn their philosophy about make up prior to purchase. I won't go too in depth about this since it's a personal choice but shoot me an email if you're curious and I'm most likely to reply.(I also have yet to use this paul and joe powder yet =( trying to finish up other ones first) But I'm still very comfortable in my own skin =) All this also applies to skin products that I use.

~ style ~
I could and am planning on writing a whole post on this, maybe even turn it into a "series" but my style has dramatically changed this year. Mostly it's just being able to figure out what my style even was. If any of you have read my blog from the very beginning you probably know what I'm talking about. I would always buy random pieces and drool over certain styles but never fully incorporate either into my closet. It's tough to explain (but that's what another post is for lol) but I'm happy to say I'm excited to shop for my spring/summer wardrobe this upcoming year! I actually really had a tough time putting my clothes together and always felt awkward in a sense......

I also stray now and then and make random purchases LOL The photo above is just a few sweaters I've purchased this past fall. It's like they're trying really hard to take my money, everywhere I look is wool sweaters in pastel colours ugh!

~ paris ~
The one city I thought I would visit last (along with places like Vegas, NYC, Mexico etc.) because I just never had the urge to visit. I know some people make this their life time goal/trip and this probably makes me sound like a spoiled brat but I really had other places high on my priority list to see, Paris just wasn't one of them. Even though I was only there for a little over a week it was beautiful and I enjoyed every minute of it.



Though Paris wasn't high on my travel list the city did have a lot of places I wanted to see such as the Lourve and Palace of Versaille. Even now it seems surreal that I was there and with such gorgeous weather too! Perfectly warm enough for me to wear skirts/dresses but not so hot I was sweltering with sweat dripping down my back. It really was a trip to remember.

Paris Posts


~ set foot in every disney park across the globe ~



I've officially been to all the Disney parks around the world. I can't even believe it and like Paris it's still settling in. That's a total of five locations and I don't even know how many parks, some I've done multiple times too. Now I feel less of a desire to visit a park every year, I don't know I guess it's because I feel like I checked it off my "bucket" list and filed it under "dream accomplished". Unfortunately I don't have many photos of my California trip since I went when I was quite young = didn't bother taking photos lol but I'll link the rest of the trips here.


Disney World 2011


Tokyo Disney will be coming soon~

~ louis vuitton ~
I really went nuts this past year for lv items. In one year I acquired three new items. I love each and every one, two of them came straight home with me from Paris. I'm passed this crazy phase but that doesn't mean I don't love designer items! The craze made me make a impulsive purchase which I really regret now, I could use the money instead >< (it's not any of these items btw lol I think I made the purchase another year ago)


My gorgeous wallet, love her to death! My poor azur one is being neglected but I'm thinking of changing it up when spring arrives and then back to this one for the summer and holidays~


Oh you look-like-a-large-bag-but-can't-hold-nearly-enough bag. How I love thee so. I must admit, there were times when I thought we weren't going to work out but we smoothed out those bumps and now you're a staple in my closet. I also learned the hard lesson, listen to yourself when you're buying expensive stuff so you don't have regrets! Now I won't buy a bag that won't make my heart beat and my body sweat when I set my eyes on it! 

~ foods ~
Near the end of this year I finally got to try some new foods. I always wanted to but never bothered to venture out and actually do it. The photo above is just one of a breakfast I had in the summertime LOL It's full of random items like an apple, garlic bread, burnt pineapple bun and a cup of milk tea and no this is not new foods but I just thought the photo turned out nice haha 

My breakfast at the ever so popular Cafe Medina, I've yet to write a review on this but I didn't enjoy it too much =(

Again, another draft sitting in the draft box. I wish I could say good things about this place but *le sigh*


My appetizer from Trattoria that I have.....yup you guessed it, sitting in my draft box hahaha I don't want to post too many food posts, especially in a row as I find it gets a bit boring since my photos aren't phenomenal (I forget my camera more than half the time)

Also another thing I've noticed change is that I rely on myself much more and realize I'm an introvert at heart, I know those terms, "introvert" and "extrovert" have been thrown around a lot recently but I really draw energy from my own time. Anyways that's for another post!


I hope everyone has a happy 2013!
21 comments on "~ 2012 diary ~"
  1. Happy new year Suki! You sure had an amazing year traveling and exploring new food. I have enjoyed reading your posts and looking at your beautiful pictures. Please continue sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year gorgeous! You look amazing! Love those sweaters that you got and your food always looks SO damn good. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a ton of food posts waiting for me too! Loved the recap of your year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi suki dear,

    happy new year! hope you had a great time! you look great with curled hair!!! so cute.
    i love those tops you got haha.
    omg!! my boyfriend got me that exact wallet for my birthday but i told him to exchange it for the multi coloured monogram instead. i kind of miss the red one now haha. why can't i have both :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww suki hon! i lovee loved this post! probably one of my most favorite posts of yours.. i really got to read about your growth and reflections on your past year. i'm obsessed w/ paul & joe makeup too.. i always get some of their stuff when i go back to taiwan because the packaging is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN' CUTE! hehehe! i love loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your w/ curly hair you look like one of those gorgeous japanese gyuru dolls! so pretty!

    hahah i researched MOST of the places we went to in barcelona.. but that rando tapas bar we actually just stumbled on it and it looked so yummy from the outside.. but it was kind of a tourist trap.. we were shocked by the bill it was INSANE.

    OMG when you said that when you woke up and you saw the giant stuffed animal and you would punch it in the face i actually busted laughing out loud hahahahahah! it made me laugh so hard because i realized that if it was really in my room and i got up to pee in the middle of the night i would totally free out too hahahaha.

    wishing you an amazeballs and blessed 2013 suki hon :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year <3
    I also have a large forehead and sometimes I stress about it, but you know what, if you hadn't commented that you have in your picture, I wouldn't have even noticed!
    You've been to all of Disney parks??? OMG that's my dream too! Was there one you liked best? Oh, and you know I've also been to Paris and to Disneyland Paris this year (oh well, last year to be precise xD)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely review of your year!! :)
    Happy New Year to you!!! and you look soo good with curls! Your hair must be super long to have curls like those!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suki! Love your posts! you look pretty with curls! Happy New Year to you babe~! Have you been reading Quiet by Susan Cain? That's a pretty good introvert vs extrovert stuff I miss reading your posts!! I'm catching up to all your posts since I've been mia for some time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had such a fun filled year. So envious that you have visited all the Disney parks! Love each and every one of those cardigans... its kinda like something I'd wear too and you suit curls a lot but I know what you mean when you didn't like it done at the salon because they usually do really tight curls for me which look really weird and bushy. Think loose curls look more flattering on everyone and tight curls only certain faces can pull off lol.

    I'm not a brand person when it comes to bags although I would love to own a Mulberry (although not really bothered if I never do) but that white LV bag of yours look gorgeous!

    Hope 2013 brings you all that you expect and more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got into the make up phase like 5 years ago but I only really got into eye shadow and the need for it in every color. Now I don't care about make up anymore and wish I do because I have soo much I don't use!!

    You look great with your curly hair! I want to curl my hair too but I'm just too lazy and I had a really bad burn from a curling iron once and never curled my hair again afterwards. I think next year I'll have to invest in rollers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year!! Hope 2013 brings you more crazy adventures!

    I think 2012 was the year I started getting into make up as well. That Paul and Joe blusher is so cute! Is Paul and Joe products good? We don't really have them here in Australia.

    Paris is not the highest thing on my list right now but I would still love to go there someday, after all it brings out my art history nerd out :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year Suki ! Loveee the pictures! so sweet you and your boyfriend =D and your curls : awesomE! how was your new years eve? ohh btw deer meat tastes also like beef by the way whahah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post Suki! Looks like you had an amazing 2012, although you are doubtful I'm sure 2013 will be a great year for you as well! All the best to you for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohhh I love that kitty make up lol. I'm going to start looking into that brand because of you.
    I think curly hair looks great on you! And I love the styles and colors of the tops you had laid out in that pic too.

    Hope you've had a happy start to 2013 too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One thing i love about your 2012 is your Paris trip! been a good reader with your blog and I'm happy with every changes with you.. you have alot of reason to love life!

    And don"t worry I also have large forehead which love and hate relationship...hahahaa

    Wishing you a good year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year :D

    I wish I could go to Paris disney! sounds fun and romantic <3
    and i love your vuitton bags!!! i didn't write about it, but i bought a bag with a scarf like you did before. hehe but the scarf was pretty pricey and i thought i could buy another bag at a different store, so i couldn't decide to get it for few hours . LOL (i bought a damier tote btw)

    speaking of fukubukuro, i don't get any since i always have one or two stuff that i don't even need... and always think i'd better buy something that i want than getting too many things that i might not use. hehe (how do you always get it?)

    i hope you have happy and healthy 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy new year dear ! Best of luck in 2013
    I wish I could visit Paris soon, really do.
    and the LV items, mann.. can i borrow those ? haha, it looks perfect
    LV is sure everlasting forever :D
    and your hair look gorgeous in curly, you look like doll !

    http://sylviestephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have great 2012 Suki c:
    I want to visit Paris again
    and take loads of pictures
    of course :P

    I want to own a Paul and Joe
    lipstick, the one with the
    cat...
    I wish you a great 2013 c:

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi suki! i bought neverfull. i like this design!!! and also your wallet!!! very nice red :) you are always good at choosing vuitton items. i always go for monogram... looks pretty boring all together. haha so my neverfull is damier :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know we said this to each other on the app but Happy 2013!

    You are so right! Your bf does take awesome pics!
    I especially love this
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yxf5oy6Iv20/UN6jcJxzewI/AAAAAAAAFRo/aFJyjxn8870/s640/DSC05634.JPG because of the whole idea of you turning back to look at the camera while everyone is going forward.

    Also super love this pic http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-slhEAvGrQCc/UN6kMd1iszI/AAAAAAAAFR4/14KhQOa9iQE/s640/DSC05676.JPG
    It's so serene!

    I too have a lot of back logged things to write about. Afternoon tea - recipes - and the like! Hahah.
    Maybe that can be our new year's resolution - to finally post them ROFL.

    The white LV bag is gorgeous! Honestly as for brand name stuff the only thing I'm super coveting is the Celine Phantom bag. UM BUT SO EXPENSIVE. Living alone makes it hard for me to save/spend :( boo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey Suki! ahhh omg I am so behind on your blog :( will catch up now..
    great post!! 2012 was a really great year for me as well.
    You look gorgeous with curls! I've never curled my hair before that much but I want to try it sometime..just need it to be a lot longer first lol.
    I'm really so glad you ended up liking Paris!! hahaah there was a night everything was closed when I was there too (Sunday maybe) and I ended up having McDonalds too.
    All your LV purchases are beautiful!! I know what you mean - now I try not to be so impulsive as well and only buy things I really really love..(need to save more money for travel!)
    mmmm all the food looks so good. I've tried so many new ones as well this year and also have a ton of backed up food posts lol.

    ReplyDelete