~ edible flours ~

on
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
I pass this bakery on the way to school a lot and was always curious about it. Their website states that they're an all vegan bakery so no eggs, milk, butter, nada! Naturally I was very curious to how their pastries tasted like, the review online wasn't bad either. I thought their bakery name conveyed their message very well. 


Though small the bakery was clean and modern.

The "baking" area was open and there was a little counter with goodies on it.

The cards tell you what ingredients they use as well as the price and name of the pastry.

The doughnuts were so cute! They're "small" probably the size of your palm and baked.

I tried one of the vanilla doughnuts, chocolate chip cookie as well as the zucchini loaf. I was really disappointed though I'm unsure if it's because I had high expectations. First, everything tasted the same with the exceptions of the icing on the doughnut and chips in the cookie. All three fell apart easily and I had a hard time eating them that way. Also the taste wasn't great, it wasn't even okay, I would almost say bad. Though I do feel guilty because I understand it's a vegan product but I'm just disappointed.

If you're curious do give it a try! Lots of other people love this place and I may actually be in the minority =)

I'm currently writing numerous papers etc. and super busy with school >< I'll be replying comments later than usual so bear with me, good news though I'm done 2/3 papers! =D After papers it's a whole three weeks of studying but good news! I finally booked a vacation with my siblings, it's my first time travelling with them alone, hopefully I'll survive, more on that later!

Here's a photo of my dog in place of me lol
11 comments on "~ edible flours ~"
  1. aww cute dog!

    That's interesting! No egg butter milk ~~~?

    I must give it a go some day :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have an instagram account? There's this girl that looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous~ No, I don't have an instagram account but would you mind telling me who you're talking about, I'm mighty curious now! =D

      Delete
  3. Aw I hate when that happens, you're really excited for something and it even looks delicious, then you eat it and...nope! It happens to me with a lot of vegan/gluten free desserts, I always expect it to taste similar and it never does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place looks so nice and old fashioned, but yeah even though I'd like to go vegan or eat organic food, it doesn't actually taste as good as one would think >.< Good luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy first day of spring suki!
    i've never actually tried vegan products before, but always wanted to. i guess i shouldn't set my expectations too high

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya ♥ Again loving your honest opinion. I think we can all help the environment by eating vegan/vegetarian sometimes but we shouldn't force ourselves if we don't like it. I can totally imagine that the cakes and pastries lost their taste a littl :/ But I think that, over the years, so many nice vegetarian and vegan recipes came up ♥ I think it is just a matter of time until we can experience the 'full taste' of cakes without animal products :) ;D At least I hope so!
    However the place looks super cute >.<
    Good luck for finishing your papers :) ♪

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha.. never a fan of those.. "healthy" foods... they just never taste right! Either its tasteless or its very.. bland or... i don't know something is just missing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww doggy!! :D:D So cute :)

    Too bad the bakery place didn't seem that good :( ! It looks like such a cute place too!

    Good luck on your papers and studies. :) And where are you travelling?? SOUNDS EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably the place is raved about as they were rated by vegans? I cannot imagine any pastries without dairy products in them. How do they even taste good?

    I love the punchline photo at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the cupcakes and doughnuts look so good but too bad they weren't..
    I've been so busy lately too so I'm also bad with commenting :s hope school is going well!

    ReplyDelete