~ afternoon tea at adorabelle ~

on
Sunday, August 25, 2013
A short while ago I had tea at Adorabelle at Steveson in Richmond. I rarely come to this part of town since it's quite far and not much to do quite cold/windy since it's right by the waters but it is a tourist destination.

They are opened from Wednesday - Sunday and have four different seating times, reservations are required. I made mines through email, which I normally wouldn't do as I feel that phone calls are more concrete but since they were closed on Sunday it was my only choice, but they promptly replied and even asked if we had any food allergies (neither of us did but I thought it was nice of them to ask).Tea is 25$ per person or 16$ for a child, which I think is reasonably well for afternoon tea given the quality of the food.

The tea room is actually located inside this adorable quaint country building. I love the yellow exterior and there were some chairs and tables outside if you wish to sip tea while enjoying the sunshine.



The reception area when you walk in, this view is actually from inside the tea room, so realistically if you were to enter you would be standing to the right of the desk. They sold cute trinkets like aprons and I think some jewelry or beauty products as well as some teas. (I could be mistaken about the jewelry/beauty though..)

 ~ Our tier ~

I must say, everything was delicious, I don't think there was a single thing I didn't like, which is honestly quite rare. I'm a very picky eater. If I really had to nitpick and say one bad thing it would be that the devonshire, or clotted cream leaned was a smidge less flavorful than other places but it was still good. 

~ sandwiches ~

The sandwiches were mostly of the traditional fare, cucumber, egg, and salmon was present. The most unique was definitely the bacon cupcake! It really tasted like bacon! It felt so strange as I felt like my brain visually triggered this to be sweet but yet it was salty, it was almost sensory overload. I know, maybe I'm overreacting to this cupcake but honestly that's how I felt that the moment! I really enjoyed the way the cucumber piece was presented.

~ scones ~

From what I remember, we had a citrus scone and then one with a berry in it. The scones were good, not too dry and flavorful. Though I rarely finish scones as I tend to save my tummy for the other goodies, they can be quite filling!

~ sweets ~

The sweets tier! Strawberry with cream, vanilla cupcake, earl grey cookies, chocolate cake/brownie and meringue. 

The earl grey cookie and cupcake were divine! Not too sweet and very flavorful. I really don't enjoy overly sweet cupcakes but this one was perfect! I enjoyed everything else as well, it was the first time I saw meringue during tea.

Oh speaking of tea. Oh lordy. They had THE best and creamy earl grey tea here. Hands down. It was absolutely delicious, in fact I felt that putting anything else into the tea ruined the flavored though I did try it with some honey and milk, still good. Sadly they didn't sell it during the time I was there but I will call back soon, hopefully they will have it then! (the tea also reminded me of the milky oolong I had once at urbane tea merchant but they no longer have it since they changed their tea carrier)

Actually on the ceiling right above me was a light box of the Eiffel tower! It definitely reminded me of my trip to Paris =) 

I thought this was such a clever way to display cup and saucers! You can see the exterior designs of the cups as well as the insides, they seemed to be fastened pretty sturdily onto the wall.


I really enjoyed my tea experience at Adorabelle and wish I lived closer so I could come more often. I should also really call and see if they have that tea for sale! lol

Anyways I actually just went on a fairly short impromptu trip, hopefully I'll blog about that soon! Seeing as I haven't even blogged about my cruise yet lol Here's a hint to where I went!




13 comments on "~ afternoon tea at adorabelle ~"
  1. OMG OMG - this tea room looks so adorable! I want those pretty tea cups >w< awwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THE TEACUPS! <3 i love dainty little teacups hehe. the place is indeed adorable like its name. you got me craving for sweets all of a sudden ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so cute! My brother and I have been wanting to go for afternoon tea, but it's just so expensive everywhere we've gone. D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the cute tea cups. Looks like Alice in Wonderland table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I really want to try their tea now!
    Glad the high tea was good, the food
    looks great and the interior is beautiful!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGGGG this tea place looks so yummy!!! looks so good :) it's so adorable.. i especially love the tea cup display i wonder how they did that.. they glued the tea cup to the saucer.. and then the saucer to the wall?? i would be scared they would fall off the wall.. they are such pretty tea cups too!!!

    haha you're so funny... it's actually my parents house.. i dunno how to clean it honestly.. because i don't clean it HAHAHA :p but i do love crown molding everything it just adds such a unique tough to a home :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove that cup-wall! x3 so adorable. I'm a huge fan of cute kitchenware. @o@

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice cozy place! Perfect for tea time!

    Lovely blog, btw. I'm a new follower!

    Jess
    Armed With Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tea again? 80% of your blog is about tea! Hahaha... Just teasing you, Sam. Well, I think this is the first time you've ever written on your blog that you love everything about the tea set. I remember there was always something that wasn't too good for every tea you tried.

    I like how Parisian the whole place look with the white furniture and oooh... I love the tea and saucer sets on the wall. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I wanna try this place! I love creamy drinks and earl grey tea is one of my favs!!! Those cups are adorable! I wish I could collect bajillion cute kitchenware but it would be such a waste of money ;___; they're so cute tho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love earl grey tea! I think it's time I take up on my friend's offer to go to Steveston with her. I agree with you on how far this place is. It's a major deterent for a lot of people I think. I rarely go there even though it's such a cute area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cups and saucers!
    And seriously, bacon cupcake? Did they put real bacon in it or just the flavouring?

    ReplyDelete