~ Morocco- Chefchaouen 2015 ~

on
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
In June of 2015 I had the opportunity to go to Morocco for 18 days and I had one of the most amazing times of my life. Our small tour group consisted of only 10 people with the best and most flexible tour guide. In this post I will focus on one of the highlights of my trip, that is visiting the charming city of Chefchaouen. 





Our group unanimously decided to eat here for our first night. The view was spectacular, the food was delicious and prices reasonable.




We got there just in time to watch the sun set over the whole city, the restaurant is located in the heart of the city center.
































     





Breakfast often consisted of mostly bread with various kinds of condiments although our guide told us that he typically eats a plain piece of bread and some tea.








A view of the city after a short 30 hike, afterwards there was a choice to continue the hike which was 3 hours there and back or explore the town on our own. I opted for the second option.








I ate so much on this trip and most of my meals consisted of three courses with a drink.
Here I had shrimp tagine, oranges dusted with cinnamon (a common dessert), nutella banana crepe, and a coke.



While exploring around we discovered this charming looking store which turned out to be a soap and beauty store.








These were pieces of solid perfume. I bought two moisturizers as well as a hair serum. The gentleman who ran the store packaged our items in lovely clear cellophane bags and also placed dried flowers into it as well. It reminded of me the scene in Love Actually! He also explained that no water is used in the process of making the moisturizers and when the bottle is left too long, the oils and cream will separate, this requiring a bit of a shake to mix them up again.

This city was fascinating to explore and I would not think twice about coming back if I'm ever in Morocco again, it's as beautiful as I imagined it to be.



4 comments on "~ Morocco- Chefchaouen 2015 ~"
  1. Long time no read! I love your photos, they're so big, clear and colorful!

    Morocco looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! So beautiful and colourful <33! The cat is cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow loving all your shots - so beautiful!! I love all the blues of the buildings there. I've always wanted to visit Morocco.

    You should post more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moroco looks amazing! The colors in these photos are so vivid. The product junkie in my is ogling at the soap and beauty store. I NEED those solid perfume!

    p.s I commented on your latest post using Name/URL but not sure if it's gone through! It kinda just disappeared so I'm hoping this one stays.

    ReplyDelete