~ Morocco - Aroumd 2015 ~

on
Sunday, March 12, 2017
         The first stop on the second half of my Morocco trip was in a small village named Aroumd within the High Atlas Mountains. Our luggage's were loaded onto a donkey while we walked 45 minutes into the mountain, the second option was to ride a donkey. The terrain was dry and rocky, the sun beaming upon us from high up in the sky and I was glad I had asked our guide, Rashid to wrap my scarf around my head, Berber style of course, to shield me from the sun. Honestly I would highly recommend anyone going to bring a light weight scarf, it turned out to be one of my most essential and highly used items!



There wasn't much on the schedule besides a hike which left us with lots of time to explore the village. 

It really wasn't until I looked back upon these photos that made me realize how secluded we were and how small the village was. I don't recall many street signs although we did find the public hammam. Some homes had semi-open courtyards which gave you a small glimpse into the daily lives of the people who live in this small town.















Looking down into the courtyard of our Gite. Our accommodation here was very humble with a shared bath among both sexes and a large common eating/gathering area.




Ahhh nos-nos, how I miss thee. Nos-nos means half-half in Moroccan and it's a drink consisting of half coffee and half milk. Writing this post makes me miss the heat of the summer air there.



3 comments on "~ Morocco - Aroumd 2015 ~"
  1. That's awesome that you were able to see the smaller towns on this trip as well! It must have been such an interesting experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you had an amazing taste of what the local lifestyle is like over there! The mountains look so amazing too. Thanks for sharing your photos and travel thoughts! I've missed reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice when you travel and to see other small, less touristy places than the big capital cities for example c: xx ice pandora

    ReplyDelete