~ Grimm Brothers Fairy Tale Afternoon Tea @ Notch8 ~

on
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
      Notch8 is the new restaurant and bar inside the Fairmont Vancouver and they've been doing themed teas for a few months now. Previously they had the Polar Express for Christmas and also a Carnival themed one that I missed out on! I definitely kept my eyes on their website for the next themed tea which was this one- Brothers Grimm Fairy Tale Afternoon Tea.

      The afternoon tea room is set in the far back of the restaurant down a few steps. The room is small enough that they can change the decor easily to fit their current theme. For this particular tea they had vines along the bookshelves/lights and every painting on the walls depicted fairy tales.
Afternoon tea at Notch8 is served from Wednesday to Sunday with seating's at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. This particular tea was 59$/person.





We started off with warm scones - "red riding hoods basket". The scones, regular and chocolate chip,  were delicious especially with the devonshire cream.

The main tier came and it was really pretty! The "mud" on each tier was actually crumbled up rye bread so you could eat it if you wished. Although aesthetically appealing the food wasn't to my liking. That is not to say it wasn't good as my friend enjoyed most of it.

The sweet plate came afterwards which consisted of chocolate mousse, cheesecake, caramel toffee, and meringue. The mousse was delicious as was the meringue. I don't care for cheesecake but enjoyed the caramel piece.
I would come back for another themed tea and perhaps read the menu a bit closer instead of being swept up in the excitement!

       

       March was a bit uneventful seeing as I had spent lots of time running around with my parents helping out with the renovations. I saw this light piece that I like but 1.) it's far too large for the dining room and 2.) I was the only one who liked it.

        My sister and I went on several Ikea trips so I suggested that we go for lunch at Pink Sugar Cafe seeing as we were in Coquitlam already. I adore their cute lunch sets that change daily (grilled chicken both times I went). This time the dessert was a type of panna cotta - coffee .

2 comments on "~ Grimm Brothers Fairy Tale Afternoon Tea @ Notch8 ~"
  1. You always take the best food pictures! I like the idea of a restaurant changing its theme often :O and the decorations and food look wonderful!

    That chandelier is amazing! I also love that type of thing, but I imagine most people prefer a more modern look to their home x3 (I'll just decorate according to my wildest dreams in the Sims! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that looks so good! The wood tray looks really cool <3

    ReplyDelete